Home » Posts tagged 'admission in singapore'
Tag Archives: admission in singapore
Planning to study your higher education in Singapore? It is really important to make advanced research for this about the admission process. In general, students planning to study in Singapore must apply in advance and should shortlist the universities and colleges based on some criteria like faculty, location, university rankings, subject options and more.
Singapore has become one of the top destinations to study abroad among the international students and continues to attract a large number of students for different courses. The world-class universities, affordable cost and excellent infrastructure adds to some of the important reasons making it the best study abroad destination for the international students.
Guide to the admission process in Singapore
Initially, students are required to prepare for SAT, GRE, TOEFL and IELTS according to their chosen program. By the month of October and November, students should be ready with their test records and after that they are required to collect their documents in December. By the month of January, students are required to apply in the chose course of study. The deadline for the application is March or April, so it is better to apply for the course in early January or February. Post application, students are required to wait for the response from the universities for two to three months. Here is the step-by-step guide to the admission in Singapore University:
- Eligibility: The top universities in Singapore attract thousands of students from all over the world every year. With the basic UK based education structure, there are many similarities between Singapore and Indian education sector. For both diploma and undergraduate degree, students are required to complete their 12th examination from a reputed institute. This eligibility varies from the institution to institution and it is always better to go through the checklist before applying.
- Examinations required: This is the basic step required for any study abroad destination. Hence, before applying for any university in Singapore for higher studies, check the exams required for UG and PG courses. For instance, for a bachelor’s program, if you have done 12th from CBSE Board, you may exempted for writing SAT and even IELTS or TOEFL for the proficiency in English.
- Essay writing: Essays are also required to be submitted by the prospective students. This is an important part of the university admission process. Common topics included in this process career aspirations, skills, experiences and reasons for considering a particular college.
- Keep your academic transcripts ready: The official medium of instructions in Singapore is English and while preparing the documents, it is must to get a translated copy in English language whenever required.
- Valid passport: A valid passport is required while applying into a university in Singapore with no less than 6 months’ validity.
Most of the colleges in Singapore accept online applications. In most cases, students are required to make an account on the college websites by providing the basic information and scanned documents details along with application fees. Like if you are planning to apply for SIM university Singapore courses, it is required to apply online for admission in your required course. Students are informed about the application process through this account. So, whether you want to apply to study in Singapore and whichever program you choose, understand clearly how and go ahead.